La Residence Hue

In 1930, the mansion at 5 Le Loi opened as an addition to the residence of the colonial French Resident Superieure. This period was the hey-dey of the art deco school of design. No corner of the globe was beyond the bounds of this popular movement. While art deco fever was especially fervent in Hanoi and Saigon, Hue Vietnam also tapped the design current of the day for some of its landmark period buildings. In the 1930s, Le Loi Street was known as rue Jules Ferry, thus named for a 19th Century French prime minister and imperialist. During the Nguyen Dynasty, the imperial navy governed the land along the river, from the present-day railway station to the Stone Bridge (Dap Da) 2.5 kilometers downstream. When the French assumed control of Hue in the 1880s, they ceded the northern bank of the Perfume River to the Vietnamese and redeveloped the south bank as their ‘New City.’ Today, it's known as one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. For more details, contact sm@la-residence-hue.com.
Read more about La Residence Hue